Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 52752
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Position title: Count Room Clerk
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00A-5:00P
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the chief of classification. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to count room in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform count room duties to assist with obtaining an accurate facility offender count.
2. Assist in maintain records of housing assignments at the facility level.
3. Run daily reports to include rosters, locators, lay ins and turnout rosters.
4. Performs data entry; process information and paperwork to insure accurate record keeping.
5. Keep TDCJ mainframe and MTC systems compliant with daily count/changes. Keep continuous count up to date.
6. Operate office equipment such as personal computers, fax, copy machines and scanners.
7. Assist in maintaining records of housing assignments at the facility level
8. Assist with processing incoming and outgoing offenders.
9. Proofread records or forms; copy needed information form one record to another as required.
10. Receive telephone calls tactfully referring to the proper individual
11. Maintain confidentiality of all offender information.
12. Responds to routine inquiries regarding count room rules, regulations, policies, procedures, records and reports.
13. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
14. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent or GED required. One (1) year related experience, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and computer data entry experience preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.