This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 52753
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Position title: Count Room Supervisor
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00A-5:00P
Benefit package includes:
Reports to classification manager. Directly supervises the count room clerks. Work involves compiling and tabulating data; checking documents for accuracy, transporting documents; and maintaining files in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform count room duties to assist with obtaining an accurate facility offender count.
2. Operate office equipment such as personal computers, fax and copy machines and scanners.
3. Process the daily arriving and departing offender chain; prepare appropriate logs of offenders arriving and departing facility.
4. Provide staff training and evaluate staff performance; recommend and implement departmental changes as approved by the classification manager.
5. Receive and maintain file for each offender according to contractual requirements.
6. Enter data concerning housing and jobs; print passes and distribute.
7. Maintain confidentiality of all offender information
8. Maintain count board to reflect offenders being added to unit count.
9. Oversee the maintenance of records and ensure compliance of the records retention policy.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage earning clerical, secretarial, administrative support, technical program support, or criminal justice experience. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for each year of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.