This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Manhattan, KS
Job ID: 52807
Facility: Flint Hills Job Corps Center
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of the administrative team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a Job Corps student!
Position name: Human Resources Specialist
Facility name: Flint Hills Job Corps Center
Location: Manhattan, KS
Benefit package includes:
· Health/dental/vision/life insurance and AD&D
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
· Professional development assistance
· Career advancement opportunities
Reports to the senior director, workforce partnerships or designee. Performs a
variety of human resources and clerical duties, in compliance with government and management directives.
· Evaluate staff performance; provide staff training and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the senior director, or designee.
· Develop departmental budget, monitor, and control expenditures, and revise and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
· Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting human resources; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives.
· Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
· Manage recruitment, screening, and selection of qualified applicants with the hiring supervisor, and advise in salary decisions.
· Extend approved employment offers and coordinate the processing of all job references for new employees, including verification of previous employment and educational levels; oversee new employee orientation.
· Manage the administration of group insurance and savings & investment programs to ensure uniform application and interpretation of policy and procedure.
· Administer wage and salary program including salary and personnel changes, performance appraisals, evaluation of position descriptions, personnel records and reports, rate structures, and area wage and salary surveys.
· Plan, develop and oversee the center staff training plan; coordinate with senior staff to ensure plan is followed. Present training on human resources related topics.
· Advise and assist supervisors in employee relations and benefit matters.
· Coordinate affirmative action compliance and equal employment opportunity; advise and assist supervisors in employee relations and benefits matters.
· Forward employee concerns, discrimination charges, requests for termination, and other critical personnel matters to the senior director or designee, for recommendation, review, and coordination with the corporate office.
· Process paperwork for terminating employees; perform exit interviews and employee attitude surveys, and report results to senior director or designee.
· Manage the employee evaluation system; ensure evaluation forms are prepared and submitted in a timely and professional manner.
· Coordinate the recruitment, screening and training of community volunteers to assist students and staff in various programs and activities.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years human resources related experience. Associate’s degree preferred. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.