Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 52814
Facility: Willacy County State Jail
Pay: 19.00 per hour
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of the administrative team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a correctional resident.
Position name: Laundry Manager
Facility name: MTC Willacy County State Jail
Location: 1695 South Buffalo Street, Raymondville, Tx 78580
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with some overtime possibilities
Benefit package includes:
Job responsibilities: Reports to the assistant warden. Directly supervises the assistant laundry manager and offender laundry worker. Responsible for planning laundering schedules, proper use and maintenance of equipment and maintaining records of operations in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1.Plan work schedules to meet all production requirements.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, recommend and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the warden.
3. Creates time reports and records of all staff and offenders assigned to the laundry.
4. Supervise operation of laundry equipment; perform routine and preventative maintenance on equipment.
5. Perform tests on wash formulas.
6. May perform various laundry duties which require lifting, bending, squatting, and long periods of standing. Push and pull laundry carts. Perform Security function including ‘pat’ and ‘strip’ searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions
7. Train and supervise offender work force in the laundry/necessity’s operation and conduct safety training for
offender workers and laundry services employees to include Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
8. Supervise the receipt, storage, repair and issue of offender necessities; implement inventory control procedures.
9. Supervise maintenance of related records and preparation of related reports.
10. It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
11. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders, and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by Management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.