Registered Nurse - Night Shift
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 52859
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of pay: $41.00 per hour
Employment type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work schedule: Night (7 PM - 7 AM)
Setting: Ambulatory-like setting with short-stays and urgent care
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Observe, examine, review, and record inmate behavior and assess/triage illnesses or injuries.
- Prepare/maintain narrative, statistical, summary, and operational records, reports and logs.
- Attend sick call with physicians to see inmates and prepare examining room/equipment.
- Call the physician for medication/treatment orders and other emergencies.
- Operate pill call, administer medication, and accurately document treatment.
- Confer with physician to refer inmates to the emergency room as required by their condition.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records while observing applicable HIPAA rules.
- Read, analyze, comprehend, and interpret medical/technical policies, procedures, reports, instructions, legal/non-legal documents, and governmental regulations.
Education and experience requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A current, valid RN license for the state of Texas or compact state is necessary.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.