Instructor CTT, Office Administration
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job ID: 52868
Facility: Indypendence Job Corps Center
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of the administrative team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a Job Corps student or correctional resident.
Position name: Office Administration Instructor
Facility name: Indypendance JCC
Work schedule: 7:45 am 4:15 pm
Benefit package includes:
Health/dental/vision/life insurance and AD&D
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Career advancement opportunities
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain Training Achievement Records (TARs) and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
- Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
- Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition readiness specialist.
- Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
- Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
- Prepare statistical reports and corrective actions reports as necessary to achieve positive results.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN whereas IndyPendence is located in Indianapolis, IN. Both centers are managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.