Clinical Director (PhD Psychologist)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Panama City, FL
Job ID: 52959
Facility: Bay - MTC Medical
Backed by national accrediting organizations, MTC Medical staff members provide quality medical, mental health, and dental services to an all-male population at Bay Correctional Facility. Our professional team strives to improve the lives of those in our care through robust educational programming, clinical care, and resources.
Position: Clinical Psychologist, (Clinical Director PHD Psychologist)
Facility: Bay Correctional Facility
Location: 5400 Bay Line Dr, Panama City, FL 32404
Work schedule: Weekdays; Flexible hours
Salary: Starting at $100,000 per year
Position summary: The Clinical Director Psychologist supervises the mental health professionals. She/he is responsible for planning and implementing all professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. The psychologist coordinates and directs the activities of personnel engaged in providing psychological services to inmates in compliance with American Correctional Association standards, MTC Medical, Florida Department of Corrections and Florida Department of Management Services directives.
- Support and assist health services team, at all levels, in delivery of quality patient services and development of facility goals and policies related to quality assurance and mental health services. Is familiar with all aspects of facility operations to assist in other areas as needed.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the provision of correctional health services, with a focus on mental health, MTC and jurisdictional policies and procedures, and ACA standards.
- Practice and promote patient advocacy; assist with the maintenance of ethical practice.
- Develop, promote, and implement quality assurance indicators, based on analysis of incident.
- Reports/grievances, requirements of contract, jurisdictional policies and procedures, and clinical practice guidelines.
- Participate in and promote quality improvement activities, to include active participation in the quality improvement committee.
- Monitor delivery of mental health care, audit patient records, review and complete monthly statistical reports, analyze, distribute, and discuss findings with quality improvement committee.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic events and perform utilization review and tracking.
- Submit and implement recommendations for improvements in services and optimal utilization of staff. Develop and monitor effectiveness of corrective action plans when services fall below the required threshold of compliance.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on clinical and other issues to administration, staff, inmates, and outside agencies and providers, particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, fairness, firmness and good judgment.
- Perform mental health duties, including patient assessment, education, monitoring, and planning individualized treatment plans.
- Develop and deliver pre-service, and in-service training to facility, medical, and mental health staff as it relates to mental health.
- Serve on call, generally on a rotating basis, and work extended hours in extraordinary situations.
- Evaluate provision of mental health services to prevent inappropriate use or duplication of services.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records, and continuous quality improvement information.
Education and experience requirements:
- Must have an advanced degree in psychology.
- Must have appropriate certification or licensing from the state of Florida.
- Five years of clinical experience, two of which must be in a comparable position, is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
What we offer:
- Career advancement through training and development. At MTC, you can have a good job that can grow into a career. Just ask our executive team, most of whom have come from one of our sites!
- Financial security through competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 401k, and education tuition assistance.
- Work/life balance in the form paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible schedules and shifts where possible.
- Stability with strong leadership, financial performance and history of being active in all the communities in which we find ourselves.
- The ability to make a social impact through serving our clients every single day! These are individuals in our care, and we strive to make a daily impact by being good role models, providing excellent care and treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.
Tags: psychology, Clinical Psychologist (PhD), psychologist, PhD