This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 52963
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Ready to be a part of something big? At Management & Training Corporation (MTC) we provide a secure working environment for our staff while offering an at-risk population effective rehabilitation opportunities to assist with leading a healthier, more productive life.
Job title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the substance abuse counselor coordinator. Directly supervises the substance abuse counselor I. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within the DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
2. Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
3. Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of DWI/SAFPF/ISF offenders.
4. Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
5. Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
6. Provides liaison to participants of training programs, workshops, and seminars.
7. Implements follow-up and after care plans for offenders that participate in the program prior to their release; and disseminates information on community resources for offender placement in follow-up treatment.
8. At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload to reflect the evaluation results together with comments about the offender’s level of participation and quality of completion in the DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs.
9. Submit copy of the Individual Progress Summary to the Parole Division to be included in the Parole Case Summary.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education. Current valid license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals, or a current qualifying credential to conduct counseling in a treatment environment. Must maintain a valid license or certification for continued employment in a position. Must hold a current CPR certification and maintain a valid license for continued employment. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.