Pay: Starting at $70,000 per year with a $5,000 Sign-on bonus and potential relocation assistance.
Work with a purpose! Help those in our care make lifelong changes.
Backed by national accrediting organizations, Management & Training Corporation is proud to operate the Texas Civil Commitment Center (TCCC) located in Littlefield, Texas. At TCCC, our team of professionals are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our care by providing robust educational programming, clinical care, and mental health resources.
Job title: Sex Offender Treatment Provider
Facility name: Texas Civil Commitment Center
Location: Littlefield, TX (37 miles northwest of Lubbock, TX)
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
- Assistance with obtaining an Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider license, including reimbursement for application costs
- Help with arranging and paying for clinical supervision
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for career advancement
Job responsibilities: A sex offender treatment provider is responsible for providing individual and group counseling specific to the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
- Understand and employ the Good Lives Model (GLM) and Risk-Needs-Responsivity Model (RNR) as underlying theoretical basis for sex offender treatment. Complete Individual Treatment Plans to include goals and objectives, assessments, treatment progress and accomplishments.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments using approved assessment tools to include STABLE, ACUTE, penile plethysmograph (PPG), psychological tests, clinical interviews and other techniques designed to define treatment goals and strategies for clients.
- Identify and outline areas which warrant attention and outline measurable and understandable goals in order to help clients learn to reduce deviant behavior and manage risk.
- Ability to use operant conditioning, behavior management techniques, including the identification of target behaviors and the application of re-enforcers and interventions.
- Understand current research on sex offender treatment and how it is applied.
- Understand and use techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g.- Motivational Interviewing).
- Provide direct casework services and individual, group and family counseling to clients and their families as needed.
- Review and integrate assessment information to write and monitor individualized treatment plans.
- Coordinate referral of clients to appropriate internal treatment groups and activities.
- Monitor and review ongoing treatment or other needs.
- Evaluate clinical appropriateness of property and visitation requests.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; observe applicable HIPAA laws.
- As required, maintain MTC data system and TCCO case management automated system.
- Understand and comply with the rules of CSOT.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, case conferences, case presentations, staff development meetings and training activities.
- Testify in court and other hearings as needed; respond to all subpoenas.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Must be licensed in one of the following: medical doctor/psychiatrist, advanced practice registered nurse recognized as a psychiatric clinical nurse specialist or mental health nurse practitioner, psychologist, licensed professional counselor, licensed professional counselor intern, licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed marriage and family associate, licensed clinical social worker and/or licensed master social worker under a TSBSWE's approved clinical supervision plan.
- A license as a Sex Offender Treatment Provider (LSOTP) or an Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment provider (ASOTP) is not required but preferred as prescribed by the Council on Sex Offender Treatment pursuant to the requirement set forth in Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Chapter 810.
- Clinical treatment experience with focus on group facilitation preferred.
- If currently a Texas resident, a valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management. Out of state residents must be able to acquire a Texas driver license within 90 days of moving to the state of Texas.
- Upon hire, an applicant must successfully complete the required pre-service and annual training requirements.
- Assistance with obtaining an Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider license including reimbursement for application costs and help with arranging and paying for clinical supervision is available.
- Must maintain TCCO security clearance and required licensure.
- Applicant shall be trained to complete relevant assessments prior to conducting such assessments.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team of treatment professionals and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.