Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 52992
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of pay: $29 per hour
Employment type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work schedule: Day (7AM-7PM) or Night (7PM-7AM)
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Long and short-term disability
- PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Assess condition of and prescribe treatment for inmates reporting to sick call under the direction of nursing supervisor/RN, health services administrator, supervising nurse, and professional service providers in accordance with approved standing orders.
- Assist with provider line and prepare examining room & equipment.
- Operate pill call, administer medication, and document as required by applicable policies and procedures which includes pushing and/or wheeling a pill cart on facility campus.
- Control medication, syringes, and other medical supplies or equipment as required.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and call the physician for treatment orders.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records and observe applicable HIPAA rules.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Provide health counseling and health education on an individual or group basis, as required.
- Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical summary and operational records, reports, and logs.
- Conduct chart review; review status of inmates with serious health problems for completion of all necessary intervention and treatment.
- Prepare and disseminate safety and accident reports as required by policies and procedures and take appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- This position requires long periods of standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Properly chart medical care.
- On-call and overtime work is expected when directed to do so.
Education and experience requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Current, valid nursing license for the state of Texas or a compact state is required.
- Degree in nursing is preferred.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.