Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 52995
Facility: El Valle - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $23.54 per hour + $1.00 per hour shift differential
Employee Type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: Night Shift, 3x12s (5:30PM-6:00AM) with rotating weekends
Location: 1800 Industrial Dr., Raymondville, TX 78580
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Under direction of health services administrator, supervising nurse, and professional service providers and in accordance with approved treatment protocol, assess condition of and prescribe treatment for detainees reporting to sick call.
- Assist with provider line; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, administer medication and document as required by applicable policies and procedures. To include push and or wheel pill cart on facility campus.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and call physician for treatment orders.
- Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate sanitation methods.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records. Observe applicable HIPAA rules.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Perform work on an on-call basis, as required.
- Provide health counseling and health education on an individual or group basis, as required.
- Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical, summary and operational records, reports, and logs.
- Conduct chart review; review status of detainees with serious health problems for completion of all necessary intervention and treatment.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters in include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
Education and experience requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of related experience.
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program.
- A current, valid vocational nursing license for the state of Texas or compact state.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
- A Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record (unless waived by management)
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.