Food Service Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 53274
Facility: Kyle Correctional Center
Pay: $24.00 an hour.
Management & Training Corporation is hiring a Food Service Manager at Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas.
Position name: Food Service Manager
Facility name: Kyle Correctional Center
Location: 23001 I-35, Kyle, Texas
Work schedule: Full-Time Position
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Reports to the major of CO’s. Directly supervises the assistant food service manager and offenders assigned to the food service department. Responsible for the management of food services, which includes the offender dining hall and special food services in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
Essential Functions include but not limited to:
- Ensure dining, service and food preparation areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner; and ensures compliance with sanitation, safety and health regulations.
- Provide staff training; evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the major of CO’s and human resources.
- Inspects food for quantity, quality and temperature; assure proper storage and use of inventory; and supervises the monitoring and logging of temperatures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food service preparation or management.
- Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or equivalent technical trade school courses in the field of culinary, hotel, or restaurant management may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain current, valid ServSafe Food Safety Certification by an authorized association, organization, or government entity with twelve (12) months of employment date. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in position. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.