This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 53330
Facility: Kyle Correctional Center
Work with a purpose! Kyle Correctional Center, located in Kyle Texas is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Maintenance Supervisor
Facility Name: Kyle Correctional Facility
Location: 23001 IH-35 Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the designated warden or assistant warden. Directly supervises the maintenance technicians and maintenance clerk. Responsible for the supervision of the maintenance department in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Plan and coordinate the administrative and maintenance services of the departments.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, recommend and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the designated warden in coordination with the human resources manager prior to implementation.
3. Create systems to effectively manage staff at both facilities.
4. Travel between all assigned facilities is required
5. Assist the designated wardens in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control
6. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting maintenance.
7. Conduct regular inspection of buildings, grounds and equipment to ensure proper repair, facility
improvement and preventive maintenance in compliance with program requirements and safety/building codes.
8. Perform maintenance tasks on buildings, grounds and equipment as needed and maintain an effective work order system.
9. Train, supervise and evaluate offenders assigned to the department.
10. Coordinate with other facility staff to determine maintenance needs.
11. Prepare and maintain appropriate management records such as equipment inventory and building systems descriptions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Seven (7) years full-time, wage-earning facilities maintenance or construction experience. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for the required experience on a year for- year basis for a maximum substitution of three (3) years. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees or Offenders. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.