This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 53337
Facility: Gregory S. Coleman Correctional Facility
Work with a purpose! MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Risk Manager
Facility name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit
Locations:1400 MLK Jr. Industrial Blvd. Lockhart, Texas 78644
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
401(k) with company match
Paid time off
Paid holidays (9 total)
Professional development assistance
Opportunities for career advancement
Reports to the designated warden. Responsible for the facility fire safety and risk management program in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Develop and manage programs and conduct inspections of unit operations to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations.
2. Create systems to effectively manage the duties at assigned facilities.
3. Travel to all assigned facilities is required.
4. Prepare evaluative reports; recommend improvements and modifications to resolve problems and deficiencies; and prepare responses to requests for information related to unit operations and activities.
5. Ensure adequate fire protection services are provided and available to the facility.
6. Perform fire inspections and testing of equipment on a frequent scheduled basis.
7. Arrange annual inspections by local or state fire officials or other qualified person or entity.
8. Ensure availability of fire hoses or extinguishers at appropriate locations throughout the facility.
9. Establish, manage and monitor safety training and loss control programs for facility staff members and offenders on the facilities.
10. Develop and maintain a system for review of and compliance with safety and fire prevention standards and training.
11. Assist unit administration during situations that pose an imminent threat of death or serious injury; assist in implementing appropriate corrective action; and prepare reports and maintain contact with other departments and regional staff.
12. Monitor the use, maintenance and storage of hazardous materials, safety equipment and devices; and monitors environmental factors, operating procedures, safety procedures, contamination and pollution.
13. Report injuries or work related illnesses; investigate workplace safety related incidents as directed by supervisor.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in risk management or a related field (e.g., loss control, worker’s compensation, environmental science, occupational safety or industrial hygiene). Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE) to include six (6) semester hours in a risk management related field may be substituted for each year of the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Successful completion of the Alternate Unit Risk Manager (AURM) certification program or Collateral Duty Safety Officer, (CDSO) certification program and one (1) year full-time, wage-earning criminal justice experience. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.