This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 53359
Facility: Gregory S. Coleman Correctional Facility
Work with a Purpose!
Management & Training Corporation is now hiring a Mailroom Supervisor at Gregory S. Coleman Unit located in Lockhart, Texas.
Position Title: Mailroom Supervisor
Facility Name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit
Location: 1400 MLK Industrial Blvd Lockhart, TX 78644
Work schedule: Full-time, 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the major of CO’s. Responsible for the coordination of mail services for the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Process all incoming and outgoing mail; prepares forms and maintains records and files related to offender correspondence.
2. Sort, open, inspect and scan offender mail. Maintain related records. Deliver offender mail.
3. Act as authorized courier for receipt of registered, special delivery, or other mail received for employee and/or offenders.
4. Sort department mail.
5. Maintain contact with US Postal Service and private mail carriers (i.e. UPS, Federal Express, etc.).
6. Operate postal equipment and ascertain postage needed.
7. Issues postage and writing materials to indigent offenders and offenders on commissary restriction; performs data entry and retrieval; and maintains automated data regarding postage and supplies.
8. Requires regular pushing and pulling of mail carts, carrying mail bins, and lifting and moving packages.
9. Requires long periods of walking or standing.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning mail room operations experience.
Four (4) years full-time, wage-earning correctional unit operations experience. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.