This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 53385
Facility: Gregory S. Coleman Correctional Facility
Work with a purpose! MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Facility Name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit
Location: 1400 MLK Industrial Blvd Lockhart, TX 78644
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the designated warden. Responsible for the oversight of the quality assurance and accreditation requirements in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Create systems to effectively manage responsibilities at all assigned facilities.
2. Plan and develop programs to comply with the American Correctional Association (ACA) accreditation requirements.
3. Establish and conduct periodic and annual review of certification accreditation.
4. Develop the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
5. Conduct regular reviews and inspections to ensure facility operations and programs are compliant with all applicable laws and policies.
6. Develop and implement policies and procedures for facility compliance.
7. Ensure facility operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and agency policy. This regular self-monitoring will be separate from any other inspections conducted by other agencies.
8. Develop and maintain an overall quality control system.
9. Supervise, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees if any.
10. Read, review and properly apply information found in offender records which is related to the offenders’ health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
12. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Four (4) years full-time, wage-earning experience in an adult correctional environment or related field required, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Bachelor’s degree preferred. A Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.