Work with a purpose! Lindsey State Jail located in Jacksboro, Texas is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Maintenance Supervisor - HVAC
Facility name: Lindsey State Jail
Location: 1620 FM 3344, Jacksboro, TX 76458
Work schedule: Full-time, 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays
- Career advancement assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
Job responsibilities: Reports to the maintenance supervisor. Responsible for the duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as HVAC and general maintenance functions in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Essential Functions:
- Perform maintenance and repair of electrical systems, refrigeration, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
- Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning/heating systems and refrigeration units.
- Assist with repair or replacement of faulty or damaged HVAC or refrigeration units.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
- Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
- Direct offenders assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of HVAC units and equipment as prescribed by manufacturer.
- Perform on-call support in emergency situations when equipment malfunctions.
- Provide cleaning, transportation, moving of equipment as needed.
- Perform counts of all control items assigned to include, tool cart or tool bag, and any other control items including class A tools and equipment, by providing counts at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ability to perform the physical function of the position which may include, but is not limited to; ability to walk property, climb stairs, climb ladders, use power tools and/or hand tools, lift, squat, bend, sit, or kneel for long periods of time.
- Follow all safety regulations to include the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for self as well as offenders assigned to the maintenance department.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in the operation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC or refrigeration systems and equipment. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
- Associate degree in HVAC or refrigeration from a college or university accredited by CHEA or USDE.
- Completion of a program in HVAC or refrigeration from a trade or technical school accredited by CHEA or USDE.
- Completion of a program in HVAC or refrigeration from a U.S. military technical training school. Must possess current Environmental Protection Agency approved Type 608 Universal Refrigerant Containment certification. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in a position. Experience in the supervision of offenders preferred. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.