This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lockhart, TX
Job ID: 53532
Facility: Gregory S. Coleman Correctional Facility DWI
Work with a Purpose!
Management &Training Corporation is now hiring a Secretary at Gregory S. Coleman Unit located in Lockhart, Texas.
Position Title: Secretary-ColemanDWI
Facility Name: Gregory S. Coleman Unit
Location: 1400 MLK Industrial Blvd Lockhart, TX 78644
Work schedule: Full-time, 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the warden. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties, which require extreme discretion in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform a variety of administrative, secretarial, and clerical duties, including transcription of
correspondence, reports, and other documents.
2. Operate office equipment including personal computers, copy machines and scanners.
3. Maintain confidentiality with sensitive facility information
4. Receive telephone calls and visitors; tactfully refer them to proper individual if warden is not available.
5. Maintain calendar of events, schedules, appointments and take minutes of meetings.
6. Coordinate meeting arrangements such as time, place, attendees and subject matter.
7. Maintain correspondence control log and coordinate preparation of special reports.
8. Prepare and submit monthly census report.
9. Maintain central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, facility operation procedures, etc. Ensure distribution to designated staff.
10. Participate in the development of new and revised facility operating procedures in compliance with corporate procedures. Maintain and update master facility operating procedures.
11. Make recommendation for purchase of equipment/supplies; maintain expense account records and confidential files.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Four (4) years of full-time, wage-earning clerical or secretarial experience or related experience and computer proficiency required. Associate degree in business administration, secretarial science or related field preferred. Thirty semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may be substituted for each year of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.