Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 53543
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Pay: $22 per hour
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Job title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Full-time; 8 hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
The Substance Abuse Counselor supervises the substance abuse counselor I. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within the DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities.
- Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of DWI/SAFPF/ISF offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include workload statistics; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education.
- Current valid license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), or current certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals, or a current qualifying credential to conduct counseling in a treatment environment.
- Must maintain valid license or certification for continued employment in position.
- Must hold a current CPR certification and maintain a valid license for continued employment.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Help individuals break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.