Licensed Mental Health Professional
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Littlefield, TX
Job ID: 53547
Facility: Texas Civil Commitment Center - Mental Health
Rate of Pay: $30.00 per hour (LPC, LMSW-AP, LCSW, or LMFT)
Employment Type: Full Time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Location: 2600 South Sunset, Littlefield, TX 79339
- Health, dental, and vision
- Prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned clients.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all clients including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for clients to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans.
- Make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of clients.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to clients.
- Prepare progress reports, provide recommendations regarding treatment plans, make case presentations, and assist administrative/medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned clients.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files, audit files to determine that all services provided are documented, review status of clients to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff, and clients.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification and perform CPR in emergencies.
- Serve in rotation with other mental health providers to provide after-hours and weekend client care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of clients and property and adhere to safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current license in the State of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Advanced Practice Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW-AP), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), OR Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, mental health, or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Computer skills desired and evaluative and counseling skills are essential.
- Must hold current CPR certification.
- Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.