This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 53645
Facility: Kyle Correctional Center
Starting pay $ 13.00/hr.
Develop your law enforcement or criminal justice expertise in corrections.
Management &Training Corporation is now hiring an Administrative Clerk at Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas.
Position Title: Administrative Clerk
Facility Name: Kyle Correctional Facility
Location: 23001 IH-35 Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the warden or designated supervisor. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties for assigned area in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform a variety of clerical duties including data entry, generate and prepare reports, file, maintain records and other duties required in designated departments.
2. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports, and other required documents in a timely manner.
3. Receive telephone calls and visitors, tactfully referring to the proper individual.
4. Operate office equipment such as copy machines, scanners, fax and personal computers.
5. Maintain and update filing, inventory and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
6. Assists maintenance department with data entry of work requests and preventative maintenance information in the absence of the maintenance clerk.
7. Deliver messages and run errands.
8. Proofread records or forms; copy needed information from one record to another as required.
9. Manage calendars and arrange appointments.
10. Maintains inventory of office supplies and prepares; reviews and requests approval for purchase requisitions as needed.
11. Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings and record and transcribe minutes.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
One (1) year full-time, wage earing clerical, secretarial, administrative support, technical program support, or criminal justice experience preferred.
A Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888