Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant (NP/PA)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Anson, TX
Job ID: 53662
Facility: Bluebonnet - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $120,000 per year
Employment Type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: 4x10 hour shifts, on-call 1:3 weekends
Location: 400 E 2nd Street, Anson, TX 79501
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Long and short-term disability
- PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Follow established departmental policies/procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Provide direct patient care, evaluate outcomes, consult with specialists as required and adjust treatment processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Monitor medical condition of patients and report/document changes appropriate to scope of practice.
- Diagnose and treat patients appropriately while exercising independent judgment and initiating an effective course of action.
- Perform daily information rounds and prepare notes on detainees assigned to medical housing.
- Perform basic procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, application of dressings, and casts.
- Order diagnostic & therapeutic services and assess efficiency while documenting results and making needed changes.
- Consult with facility medical director in a collaborative and cooperative relationship.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive charting on patient medical records.
- Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all patient medical records; observe applicable HIPAA rules.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses and perform CPR when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations especially those covering controlled substances.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to detainee lawsuits.
- Facilitate NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing/evacuating people from confined areas.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program and current licensure in the state of Texas as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant is required.
- All education related to the licensure is required.
- Any additional licenses or certifications (i.e., DEA registration) are required.
- 2-5 years' experience is recommended, preferably in a correctional environment or emergency medicine.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.