This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Reno, NV
Job ID: 53691
Facility: Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center
SALARY: $800 per week ($41,600/yr)
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center in Reno, Nevada we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- paid vacation and paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
Job responsibilities: Responsible for the planning, coordinating, developing, and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned students, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Review detailed background file, conduct personal interviews and assessments as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned student
- Maintain individual folder on each assigned student
- Provide direct aid to students with personal needs or problems, sickness, injury, family problems, emergency leaves or UA retrievals, Prepare UA reports and leave forms, verify required information in accordance with PRH and MTC requirements
- Provide continuous educational, CTT, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student’s stay.
- Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student’s specific development program, coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved. Maintain up to date documentation, case notes and records using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation
- Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial action as warranted; participate as a member of the mental health team. Refer students to other program areas such as transfers, extension or advanced programs, and college placement
- Bachelor’s Degree including 15 semester hours in social services related instruction and one year experience in counseling or related field required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.