PRN Night Registered Nurse (RN)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 53731
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $41.00 per hour
Employment Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Nights (7PM-7AM)
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
Position responsibilities include:
- Attend sick call with the physicians to see inmates; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Call the physician for medication and treatment orders and other emergencies.
- Operate pill call, administer medication and accurately and completely document treatment.
- Examine and assess inmates with illnesses or injuries or inmates who become ill or injured.
- Confer with physician to refer inmates to the emergency room as required by inmate condition and document in medical record or other forms as appropriate.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPAA rules.
- Review medical files to determine all provided services are documented.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
- Observe and record inmate behavior, assess and triage with appropriate documentation
Education and experience requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Current, valid RN license for the state of Texas or compact state is necessary.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.