Location: Waimanalo, HI
Job ID: 53742
Facility: Hawaii Job Corps Center
Position- Student Assistant- Recreation On-Call
SALARY: $16.20 per hour
Schedule- 1-12 hours as needed or as available, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays.
Ready to be a part of something big? At the Hawaii Job Corps Center in Waimanalo, HI we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families.
Job responsibilities: Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor or designee, this position provides assistance to recreation advisors and the supervisor with cleaning of recreational areas and monitoring of recreational activities.
1. Responsible for monitoring the recreational areas.
2. Responsible for cleaning & general set up of activities.
3. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
4. Must participate in leadership training.
5. Support CDSS by implementing and participating in activities and programs as assigned.
6. Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
7. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
8. Support and promote the center's Zero Tolerance Policy.
9. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Completion of 90 days in the program.
No NIR's or excessive amount of absences within the past 90 days.
Letter of recommendation from your academic/trade instructor & Sr. Residential Advisor.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.