This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 53784
Facility: Tongue Point Job Corps Center
Pay: $20.97 per hour
Work with a purpose!
Position name: Career Transition Specialist
Facility name: Tongue Point Job Corps Center
Location: Astoria, OR
Benefit package includes:
Job responsibilities: Responsible for determining graduate and former enrollee qualifications for placement, conducting placement activities and follow-up in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Maintain linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies and employees to provide placement services.
2. Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program placements for separating graduates and former enrollees and conduct job development activities; maintain placement follow-up on separated graduates.
3. Directly place graduates and former enrollees to meet DOL contractual placement goals; verify and document all placements according to requirements.
4. Complete all required documentation in CTS and in individual folders for assigned graduates until their service period ends.
5. Prepare placement reports and assist in the development of the contract’s placement plan.
6. Coordinate with center staff to provide placement information to students.
7. Participate in industry advisory councils, community relations councils as assigned.
8. As requested, conduct career support activities in support of centers and regional office efforts.
9. Participate in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting placement activities, may also include involvement in the outreach program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.