This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 53805
Facility: Kyle Correctional Center
Pay for this job is $20.00/hour.
Work with a purpose! Kyle Correctional located in Kyle, Tx. is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Maintenance Supervisor - Electrician
Facility Name: Kyle Correctional Facility
Location: 23001 IH-35 Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the maintenance supervisor. Responsible for the duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as electrical and general maintenance functions in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of electrical systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-facility repair is not possible.
2. Locate circuit breakers and isolate circuits to perform work safely.
3. Troubleshoot issues with electrical and electronics systems.
4. Perform new installations including bending conduit and pulling wire.
5. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
6. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
7. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
8. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
9. Direct offenders assigned to facility maintenance.
10. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment as prescribed by manufacturer.
11. Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning systems as prescribed by manufacturer and as needed.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience as an electrician in maintenance, construction, or an industrial environment. Completion of an apprenticeship program may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
Graduation from a program in electrical maintenance or construction from an accredited technical or vocational
school may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
Graduation from a program in electrical maintenance or construction from a U.S. military technical training school may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience. Experience in the supervision of offenders preferred. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.