This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 53800
Facility: East Mississippi Correctional Facility
Work with a purpose! Climb the criminal justice career ladder while changing lives in the inside.
Job title: Investigative Supervisor
Facility name: East Mississippi Correctional Facility
Location: 10641 HWY 80 West, Meridian, MS., 39037
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the warden. Directly supervises the investigator/STG. Responsible for overseeing and
conducting investigations and reviews of institutional operations in accordance with MDOC Policies and Administrative Rules, and in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards,
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC)
1. Plan, coordinate and direct the total investigations process and ensure adequate and complete
information is gathered and verified to ensure findings are supported.
2. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures to ensure proper steps are
being followed during each investigation.
3. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel
changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to
4. Maintain confidentiality of all information gathered on any investigation initiated, pending or
5. Review all investigations and ensure adequacy.
6. Conduct investigations as directed by the warden in a timely manner.
7. Conduct interviews, collect and analyze evidence as required to complete investigations.
8. Assist in gathering intelligence and maintaining accurate records to document the activities of
individuals suspected or known to pose a threat to the security of the institution.
9. Complete reports and maintain accurate logs as required.
10. Maintain evidence in a safe and secure location as required by MDOC and MTC policies.
11. Direct assistance in processing grievances filed by inmates in compliance with all MDOC
requirements regarding the inmate grievance system.
12. Direct assistance in providing written decisions to inmate grievances in a confidential, impartial
and effective manner.
13. Provide assistance in training staff and inmates on the inmate grievance system.
14. Conduct scheduled reviews of facility operations and programming, including staff training
programs, as directed.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years investigative or related experience required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.