Security Officer - Substitute
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 53817
Facility: Edison Job Corps Center
- Monday & Tuesday – Off, Wednesday – Sunday 3pm – 12am
- Monday & Tuesday – Off, Wednesday & Thursday 7am – 4pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday 3pm -12am
- Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment. Maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
- Perform administrative functions such as entering and maintaining daily logs, incident reports and conducting investigations as directed.
- Assure accountability (protocol) of student check-in and out (to and from center grounds).
- Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
- Perform routine vehicle equipment inspections, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assist in transporting ill or injured students and staff as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
- Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in buildings as required.
- Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances. Conduct preliminary investigation of crimes.
- Promote and support the center wide development of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) program.
- Provide proactive conflict resolution with students and refer students to counseling and other actions as necessary.
- Conduct initial investigation of incidents and provide timely documentation of such.
- Assist senior security officer and manager in coordinating and instituting programs that foster student retention.
- Assist center staff in conducting required health and safety inspecting.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. One year security experience or completion of a security training program preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management. CDL License Preferred.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.