This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Panama City, FL
Job ID: 53844
Facility: Bay Correctional Facility
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Facility Name: BAY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Location: 5400 Bay Line Dr., Panama City, FL., 32404
Status: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the warden. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties which require extreme discretion in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) and Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) directives.
1. Perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties, including dictation and transcription of
correspondence, reports and other documents. Maintain confidentiality with sensitive facility information.
2. Receive telephone calls and visitors; tactfully refer them to proper individual if warden is not available.
3. Maintain calendar of events, schedules, appointments and take minutes of meetings.
4. Coordinate meeting arrangements such as time, place, attendees and matters to be discussed.
5. Maintain correspondence control log and coordinate preparation of special reports.
6. Maintain the central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, facility operating procedures, and other related materials. Ensure distribution to designated staff.
7. Participate in the development of new and revised facility operating procedures in compliance with corporate procedures. Maintain and update master facility operating procedures.
8. Make recommendation for purchase of equipment and supplies; maintain expense account records and confidential files.
9. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
11. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, two (2) years clerical or related experience, and computer proficiency required. Associate degree in business administration, secretarial science or associated field preferred. A valid driver’s license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.