Substance Abuse Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 53890
Facility: North Central Correctional Complex
Work with a purpose!
Position name: Substance Abuse Counselor
Facility name: North Central Correctional Institution
Location: 670 Marion-Williamsport Rd E. Marion, OH 43302
Work schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm with some overtime possibilities
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
- 1 Develop a system to promote the coordination and integration of the substance abuse treatment components with other facility programs.
- Assess inmates with identified substance abuse problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problem(s) by working with inmates, counselors, instructors, and the mental health consultant, as appropriate.
- Ensure documentation of all inmates’ assessments and plans are in the inmates’ recovery services records regarding substance abuse problem(s).
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members in the substance abuse area with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance abuse programs, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the facility.
- Conduct substance abuse and tobacco cessation classes, group educational, peer support and other treatment sessions for inmates.
- Encourage awareness of substance abuse issues throughout the facility.
- Develop linkages with community resources for substance abuse services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be credentialed in the state of Ohio as one of the following:
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II (LCDC II)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC III)
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC)
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
- Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC)
- Professional Counselor (PC)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Physician by state of Ohio Medical Board
- Licensed Psychologist
- Registered Nurse
- Psychology Assistant
- One year of related experience preferred.
- A valid driver license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.
- High school diploma or GED.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.