This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 53896
Facility: East Mississippi Correctional Facility
Work with a purpose! Climb the criminal justice career ladder while changing lives in the inside.
Job title: Food Service Manager
Facility name: East Mississippi Correctional Facility
Location: 10641 HWY 80 West, Meridian, MS., 39037
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the deputy warden operations. Directly supervises the production supervisors, indirectly supervises line supervisors, and residents assigned to the food services department. Responsible for the management of food services, which includes the resident dining hall and special food services in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
1. Ensures dining, service, and food preparation areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner; and ensures compliance with sanitation, safety, and health regulations.
2. Inspects food for quantity, quality, and temperature; assures proper storage and use of inventory; and supervises the monitoring and logging of temperatures.
3. Instructs employees and residents on safety rules and regulations, proper use of soaps and chemicals; sanitary procedures, food preparation and portion control, the operation of food service equipment; advises on food requirements and recipes; and calculates monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual food requirements; and prepares and approves requisitions for food items, supplies, and equipment.
4. Prepares daily menus; ensures adequate controls are maintained over food preparation quantities and portion sizes; prepares menus for special diet requirements of residents; and reviews cooks’ worksheets for accuracy.
5. Oversees the department budget assuring the department operates efficiently and within budget; prepares budget reports and reconciles the budget monthly.
6. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of employees and residents; reviews employee and resident work schedules for adequate coverage; and establishes and administers orientation and departmental in-service training programs for food service staff and residents.
7. This position requires long periods of standing and walking.
8. Must be able to perform physical requirements such as pushing and pulling meal carts and lifting foodservice related items.
9. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, and three (3) years wage earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food service preparation and budgeting. One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees is also required. Must obtain and maintain required certifications for food service in the state of Mississippi. A valid driver’s license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.