Pay - $22.41/ hour
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
What you will be doing
This is a non-exempt position that will reports to the outreach & admissions and career transition services (OA/CTS) director. Responsible for determining graduate and former enrollee qualifications for placement, conducting placement activities and follow‑up in compliance with government and management directives.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or associate’s degree and two years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
- Maintain linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies and employees to provide placement services.
- Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program placements for separating graduates and former enrollees and conduct job development activities; maintain placement follow‑up on separated graduates.
- Directly place graduates and former enrollees to meet or exceed DOL contractual monthly placement goals; verify and document all placements according to requirements.
- Complete all required documentation in CTS and in individual folders for assigned graduates until their service period ends.
- Prepare placement reports and assist in the development of the contract’s placement plan.
- Coordinate with center staff to provide placement information to students.
- Participate in industry advisory councils, community relations councils as assigned.
- As requested, conduct career support activities in support of centers and regional office efforts.
- Participate in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting placement activities.
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.