This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Anson, TX
Job ID: 53918
Facility: Bluebonnet - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $220,000 per year + relocation assistance
Employment Type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: M-F, Daytime hours
Location: 400 E 2nd Street, Anson, TX 79501
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Perform complete medical histories and physical examinations, form clinical impressions based upon findings, order diagnostic tests, interpret results of laboratory tests and radiological examinations, prescribe medications, and render treatments appropriate to clinical impressions.
- Inspect, complete, and analyze medical records as well as assign, review and update medical classifications
- Complete admission notes, progress notes, treatment plans & discharge summaries, and make rounds on patients admitted to the medical unit.
- Serve in rotation with other providers to administer after-hours and weekend patient care (if required to include accepting on-call rotation).
- Refer patients for specialty consultations and treatment through the utilization manager process.
- Utilize established corporate, facility, and corrections policies/procedures in making decisions using sound independent judgment.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all patient medical records and observe applicable HIPPA rules.
- Evaluate provision of services to prevent inappropriate use or duplication of services.
- Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations as well as monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations, especially those regarding controlled substances.
- Provide health counseling and health education on an individual or group basis as required.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to inmate lawsuits.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, QI, UM, P&T, and other meetings as required.
- Facilitate NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Long periods of walking and standing are required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- MD or DO board certified or board eligible in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, or Internal Medicine.
- Valid license to practice medicine in the state of Texas.
- Continuing education required by MTC Medical and professional regulatory board.
- Current DEA and BLS certifications.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.