Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 53925
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $200,000 per year + relocation assistance
Employment type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work schedule: M-F, Daytime hours
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Perform complete medical histories and physical examinations; form clinical impressions based upon findings; order diagnostic tests, interpret results of laboratory tests and radiological examinations, prescribe medications, and render treatments appropriate to clinical impressions.
- Inspect, complete and analyze medical records; assign, review and update medical classifications; complete admission notes, progress notes, treatment plans and discharge summaries; and make rounds on patients admitted to the medical unit.
- Serve in rotation with other providers to provide after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Refer patients for specialty consultations and treatment through the utilization manager process.
- Utilize established corporate, facility and corrections policies and procedures in making decisions, while using sound independent judgment in performing the duties of the position.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all patient medical records. Observe applicable HIPPA rules.
- Evaluate provision of services to prevent inappropriate use or duplication of services.
- Monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
- Implement basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
- Comply with all applicable pharmacy regulations, especially those regarding controlled substances.
- Assist corporate counsel with responses to inmate lawsuits.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, QI, UM, P&T, and other meetings as required.
- Facilitate, where applicable, NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved appropriate medical services.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required.
- Position requires long periods of walking and standing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be MD or DO board certified or board eligible in emergency medicine, family practice or Internal medicine.
- Valid license to practice medicine in the state of Texas is required.
- Current continuing education required by MTC Medical and professional regulatory board is needed.
- Current DEA and current BLS certification is required.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.