Addiction Severity Index Tester
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bryan, TX
Job ID: 53934
Facility: Hamilton Pre Release
Pay: $22.00 per hour
Work with a purpose! Management & Training Corporation (MTC) provides a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position name: Addiction Severity Index Tester
Facility name: Hamilton Unit
Location: 200 Lee Morris Lane, Bryan, Texas 77807
Work schedule: Monday – Friday
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: This position is responsible for providing and completing assessments for incoming offenders, providing counselling services to offenders and implement complex treatment and discharge plans for offenders.
- Knowledge of alcoholism, chemical dependency, addiction, co-dependency, and related disorders
- Design and implement complex programs treatment and discharge plans for offenders and conducts intensive or comprehensive interventions.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all offenders including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potential disruptive situations.
- Collaborate with supervisor or other psychiatric, social work, or medical professionals on specific case related issues to maintain continuity of care, and to aid in achieving therapeutic and restorative goals for offenders through individual and group counseling.
- Conduct evaluation tests for offenders to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of offenders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in Criminal Justice, Behavioral Scienc or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required 4 may be substituted for 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university of a year-for-year basis.4 years full-time wage-earning experience in a substance abuse treatment.
- Current license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor the Texas Department State Health Services (TDSHS), current licensure as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by the Texas Commission of professional Counselors, or current licensure as Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA) by the Teas Board of Psychosocial Examiners. Therapeutic community environment experience preferred. Must hold a current CPR certification and maintain a valid license for continued employment.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.