Licensed Mental Health Professional
Location: Chaparral, NM
Job ID: 53933
Facility: Otero County Prison - MTC Medical
Pay Rate: $83,200 per year (LPC, LSW, or LMFT)
Employment Type: Full-time, Direct hire
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Daytime hours
Location: 10 McGregor Rage Road, Chaparral, NM 88081
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Long and short-term disability
- PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to inmates.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
Education and experience requirements:
- A master’s degree in marriage and family therapy or clinical social work required.
- License or certification required by the state of New Mexico as an LPC, LSW, or LMFT.
- Two years previous work experience is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.