This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Reno, NV
Job ID: 54003
Facility: Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as part of our career transition team, utilizing your skills and abilities to change the life of a Job Corps student or correctional resident.
Position name: Pharmacy Technician Instructor
Facility name: Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center
Location: Reno, NV
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Benefit package includes:
AD&D as well as short-term disability
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Career advancement opportunities
Reports to the career technical training manager. Responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
3. Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
4. Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
6. Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Administer and correct tests; maintain Training Achievement Records (TARs) and attendance reports.
9. Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
10. Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
11. Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
12. In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
13. Work with Workforce Council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
14. Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition specialist.
15. Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
16. Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
17. Prepare statistical reports and corrective actions reports as necessary to achieve positive results.
18. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
19. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
20. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
21. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
22. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
23. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
24. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma or its equivalent and two years related work experience in the field. Certified, licensed or accredited in Nevada or accredited by a professional trade organization. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.