CDL Transportation Security Officer Part - Time
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 54018
Facility: Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility
Pay: $20.47 per hour
Looking to begin a career in law enforcement? Join our team as a Transport Officer at the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility in Post, Texas.
Position name: Transportation Security Officer/Jailer
Work schedule: Part - Time
Facility name: Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility
Location: Post, TX
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Reports to the transportation coordinator. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates assigned to be transported in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Harris County Sheriff’s Office directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Perform specific duties for transportation, and intake.
- May be assigned to work and supervise inmates in housing, work, and other areas, which includes
- Provide custody and security of inmate including observation of inmates, which includes long periods of
sitting and standing.
- Creates and maintains a cellblock atmosphere conducive to respect for others.
- Enforces disciplinary sanctions.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries with inmates.
- Perform security functions, person, property, and facility searches. Including “pat” and “strip” searches,
which includes squatting and bending.
- Transfer and transport inmates by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive inmates,
- Respond to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped
inmates, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured
or unconscious inmate or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps, and ladders;
and use force. Must be trained in the use of deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and
firearms to control inmates if assigned to an armed post.
- Read, review, and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmate’s
health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel
while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Properly prepare and maintain records, forms, and reports, as appropriate.
- Perform 2-way voice communication and face to face observation with all inmates.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing inmates assigned to food service in the safe,
hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- Regular and reliable onsite attendance is required.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when required to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and
intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates, and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a Jailer Certificate as determined by the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must pass both a physical and psychological assessment as determined by TCOLE.
- Required to have and maintain a CDL in good standing with air brake and passenger endorsement, meaning it is active, not expired, suspended, revoked, surrendered, conditioned, or otherwise in a status that in any manner restricts the activity of a licensee or registrant under the authority of the license.
- Prior corrections experience is preferred.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.