Salary: $16.45/ Hour
Ready to be a part of changing lives? Join the Carville Job Corps Center as a substitute security officer, arranging your schedule that fits your schedule.
- Responsible for performing guard and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood or similar disaster on assigned shift in compliance with government and management directives and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure the physical security of buildings, center vehicles and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment while maintaining logs.
- Assure accountability of student check-in and check-out.
- Perform parking and traffic control duties by checking identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures. Respond to fire alarms and take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent. One year security experience or completion of a security training program preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2600.