Director of Nursing (DON)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 54041
Facility: Dalby - MTC Medical
Rate of Pay: $89,440 per year
Employment Type: Full-time, Direct hire
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
- Health, dental, and vision
- Prescription drug and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement account
- Long and short-term disability
- PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Monitor assigned medical unit and act as a clinical resource for staff.
- Monitor and assign duties to nursing personnel as appropriate to caseload, shift and unit.
- Assure adequate coverage on all shifts. Fill in as needed during periods of short staffing. Monitor call-ins and use of overtime. Assume on-call status for staff problems.
- Conduct in-services, audits, chart reviews, statistical evaluations, and conduct training regarding changes in policy or procedure.
- Provide oversight of sick calls, medication administration, and other clinical activities.
- Coordinate and report referral of inmates to emergency services based on their medical condition.
- Assist the health services administrator in monitoring environmental sanitation, safety, and health related issues by performing inspections and generating recommendations based on those inspections.
- Review medical files to determine all provided services are documented.
- Audit pharmacy use for adherence to formulary and compliance with all pharmacy regulations.
- Perform rescue functions for accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Assure that detainees arriving at the facility are adequately oriented to services available and procedures for obtaining medical services. Assure that all detainees assigned to work as medical orderlies are trained in handling of contaminated waste and proper cleaning of contaminated surfaces and monitor their compliance with instruction.
Education and experience requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Minimum of 3 years professional nursing experience with one year of supervisory experience.
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or a compact state.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.