This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Panama City, FL
Job ID: 54044
Facility: Bay Correctional Facility
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Lieutenant, Training
Facility Name: BAY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Location: 5400 Bay Line Dr., Panama City, FL., 32404
Status: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the deputy warden, operations. Responsible for staff and program development by coordinating and instructing correctional officer certification training and non-correctional pre-service training in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) and Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) directives.
1. Plan and coordinate correctional officer certification training for new hires in compliance with MTC, DC and DMS directives.
2. Plan, coordinate, and conduct pre-service training for all non-security employees as required by MTC, DC and DMS directives.
3. Plan and develop programs and training to comply with ACA accreditation, DC and DMS requirements.
4. Establish periodic and annual review of pre-service and in-service training programs.
5. Oversee the maintenance and documentation of all certificates and training records.
6. Develop the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
7. Regular and predictable attendance required.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills, procedures and intervention techniques.
9. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property. Adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, or related field, and four (4) years’ experience in adult correctional environment or related field required, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by the senior vice president, corrections. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. A valid driver’s license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.