Impact lives as a substance abuse treatment professional. At the Sayle Unit in Breckenridge, Texas, we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping SAFP clients gain the treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position name: Substance Abuse Counselor II (LCDC)
Facility name: Sayle Unit
Location: Breckenridge, TX
Work schedule: Full-time
Benefit package includes:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
Directly supervises Substance Abuse Counselor I. Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within the In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Two years of full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addition Professionals, or current qualifying credential to conduct counseling in a treatment environment.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must maintain a valid license or certification for continued employment in position.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.