Location: Marion, OH
Job ID: 54062
Facility: North Central - MTC Medical
Salary: Starting at $100,000 per year
Work schedule: Weekdays; Flexible hours
- Medical, vision, dental and prescription drug benefits
- Life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement, civic duty and military leave
- Flexible schedule and a chance to make a difference every day!!
Management & Training Corporation operates the North Central Correctional Complex in Marion, Ohio, providing residents with excellent care including medical services supporting their health and well-being.
Position summary: The psychologist is responsible for planning and implementing all professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility
Your duties will include:
- Develops and implements treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assumes independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including applying crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conducts diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; makes referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual, group and family counseling to inmates and their families.
- Prepares progress reports; provides recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Recruit, orient, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of all mental health departmental personnel.
- Make recommendations and decisions on matters such as employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
- Serves in rotation with other medical staff to provide after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audits files to determine that all services provided are documented; reviews status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed; observe applicable HIPPA laws.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Education and experience requirements:
- Advanced degree in psychology required.
- Must have appropriate certification or licensing and five (5) years clinical experience, two (2) of which must be in a comparable position.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.
Tags: psychology, clinical psychologist