This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Overton, TX
Job ID: 54069
Facility: Billy Moore Correctional Center
Work with a purpose! MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release.
Position Title: Training Manager
Facility Name: BILLY MOORE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Location: 8500 N. FM 3053 Overton, TX., 75684
Work schedule: Full-time; 8hrs
Benefit package includes:
Reports to the designated warden. Responsible for coordinating correctional officer certification training and non-security pre-service training; implementing the annual in-service training plan for the facilities in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Plan, develop and conduct officer training certification programs in compliance with MTC and TDCJ directives.
2. Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of all certificates including preservice and in-service training records.
3. Create systems to effectively manage the process at both facilities.
4. Travel between the assigned facilities is required.
5. Establish periodic and annual review of certification accreditation and pre-service training programs.
6. Ensure that all clerical and support staff attend Correctional Awareness Training in compliance with MTC and TDCJ requirements.
7. Ensure all staff complete annual in-service training requirements.
8. Ensure that all appropriate personnel are scheduled and complete staff survivor training according to contractual requirements.
9. Ensure all staff receive supplemental and specialized training for high level performance and effective programs and services to offenders.
10. Ensure professional educational staff complete training dedicated to the improvement of educational services.
11. Ensure staff identified as instructors for munitions and defensive tactics, to include specialized tactics, receive initial certification and annual recertification.
12. Maintain required records and update appropriate data base with accurate and complete information timely.
13. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
14. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety procedures.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning instructing, staff development, training, teaching, correctional custody or law enforcement experience to include one (1) year in the supervision of employees. Each year of experience may be substituted for thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis. Successful completion of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Pre-Service Training Academy prior to assumption of duties. Successful completion of an Instructor Training Program within six months of assignment. Curriculum development or evaluation experience preferred. A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.