This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Diego, TX
Job ID: 54092
Facility: Glossbrenner Unit
Work with a purpose! Join a fresh leadership team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Coordinator (QAC)
FACILITY NAME: Ernestine Glossbrenner Unit
LOCATION: 5100 South FM 1329, San Diego, TX 78384
RATE OF PAY: $22.00-$25.00/HR DOE
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday-Friday
BENEFIT PACKAGE includes:
Reports to the program director. Performs advanced administrative support and technical program assistance work in the Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility (SAFPF) In -Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) Programs. Work involves disseminating information; maintaining filing systems; and performing administrative support work in Compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Performs complex Technical Assistance Work, implements quality assurance utilization review procedures; and responds to inquires regarding technical program and administrative rules, policies, and procedures.
2. Assists in monitoring, reviewing, interpreting, and evaluating quality of services and success of programs; assists in compiling and analyzing data and preparing reports, and makes recommendations for improvements to treatment services.
3. Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents; prepares, interprets, and disseminates information concerning agency programs and procedures and develops, coordinates, and maintains record keeping and filling systems.
4. Understand and follow approved self- monitoring plans.
5. Coordinate or participate in transition meetings.
6. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervention when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
7. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall preform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization
recognized by the Council for higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United
States Department of Education (USDE); Major course work in Criminal Justice,
Psychology, Social Work, or a related field preferred. Each year of experience as
described below in excess of the required two (2) years may be substituted for thirty
(30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year -for-year basis.
* Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning substance abuse treatment experience
* Current valid license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the
Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) OR current certification as a
Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) by the Texas Certification Board of
Addictions Professionals OR a current valid Qualified Credentialed
Counselor (QCC) licensed to conduct counseling in a treatment environment.
* Valid Driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required,
unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Must maintain valid license or certification for continued employment in position.
WHY: The job is simple. Help humans break the cycle. Join our team and transform lives!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.