Salary - $64,000 annually
Our staff also enjoy these benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is proud to operate the Centennial Job Corps Center in Nampa, Idaho where our staff provide quality services to our local youth. We value our professional and caring employees who are dedicated to improving people’s lives and we want YOU to join our team!
What you will be doing: You'll be responsible for providing career training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula and providing students with basic direction.
- Provide students with career training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction; maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with counselors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Participate on student assessment panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports including required CIS updates. Ensure training achievement records (TARs) are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Participate in providing hands‑on activities for students as part of career exploration; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the career training programs department.
- Develop work sites in designated area; assist in monitoring work sites and students assigned to work based learning (WBL).
- Assist students with job search and job placement prior to separation; participate in placement follow‑up activities for graduates.
- Audit weekly OMS reports and report discrepancies to the manager, career training or designee.
- As applicable, assist in the planning and implementation of career technical skills training (CTST) projects; provide supervision of students assigned to CTST projects or other center career training projects.
Qualifications: Registered nurse with minimum two years’ experience; at least one of which shall be in the provision of a long-term facility. An instructor must complete a course in teaching adults or shall have experience in teaching adults. A licensed nurse may qualify if a registered nurse maintains ultimate responsibility of the program and is able to provide instruction in which area a licensed nurse may lack technical experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.