Director, Health & Wellness-RN
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Carville, LA
Job ID: 54151
Facility: Carville Job Corps Center
Position: Health & Wellness Director
Location: Carville Job Corps Center in Carville, LA
Employment type: Full-time; Direct hire; Exempt
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid time off and paid holiday
- Employee assistance program
Position responsibilities include:
- Monitor assigned medical unit and act as a clinical resource for staff.
- Monitor and assign duties to nursing personnel as appropriate to caseload, shift and unit.
- Assure adequate coverage on all shifts. Fill in as needed during periods of short staffing. Monitor call-ins and use of overtime. Assume on-call status for staff problems.
- Conduct in-services, audits, chart reviews, statistical evaluations, and conduct training regarding changes in policy or procedure.
- Provide oversight of sick calls, medication administration, and other clinical activities.
- Coordinate and report referral of inmates to emergency services based on their medical condition.
- Assist the health services administrator in monitoring environmental sanitation, safety, and health related issues by performing inspections and generating recommendations based on those inspections.
- Review medical files to determine all provided services are documented.
- Audit pharmacy use for adherence to formulary and compliance with all pharmacy regulations.
- Perform rescue functions for accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Assure that detainees arriving at the facility are adequately oriented to services available and procedures for obtaining medical services. Assure that all detainees assigned to work as medical orderlies are trained in handling of contaminated waste and proper cleaning of contaminated surfaces and monitor their compliance with instruction.
- Maintain current licensure on all staff requiring such licensure.
- Assist the health services administrator in recruiting, orienting, supervising, and evaluating the performance of all healthcare staff. Complete a yearly written evaluation of all directly supervised staff and a six-month evaluation on new employees.
- Requires long periods of prolonged walking and standing.
Education and experience requirements:
- Completion of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Must have a minimum of three years of professional nursing experience with one year’ of supervisory experience.
- Must be a licensed registered nurse in the state of LA.
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- A valid driver’s license in the state of LA with an acceptable driving record required,
- unless waived by management.
- Must successfully complete required preservice training.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department at [email protected] or 801-693-2600.