Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 54161
Facility: East Texas Treatment Facility
Pay: $21.00 per hour
Work with a purpose! Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Position title: Transition Coordinator
Facility name: East Texas Treatment Facility
Location: 900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, TX 75652
Work schedule: Full time
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
The Transition Coordinator is responsible for performing moderately complex administrative work. Work involves developing and coordinating continual contact with offender, offender families, and service providers for medical in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Coordinates release activity with the Correctional Institutions and Parole Divisions; establishes a communication network with Transitional Treatment Centers; and interviews offenders to gather information to assess service needs.
- Participates in treatment team activities and the Quality Assurance Process in order to maintain professional standards of individual care, develops and implements service plans to meet offender needs; and identifies problem areas, service gaps, and areas that are barriers to services for offenders.
- Maintains a current list of licensed and approved substance abuse treatment service providers; facilitates communication with the Peer Support Network throughout the state; and coordinates service provider activities.
- Prepares and maintains reports, case files, and records of offenders referred or placed in transitional programming.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE). Major course work in Criminal Justice, Education, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required one (1) year may be substituted for thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- One (1) year full-time, wage-earning case processing, counseling, Offender case management or social work experience. Substance Abuse Treatment experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.