Substance Abuse Counselor II
Location: Dayton, TX
Job ID: 54163
Facility: Henley State Jail
Pay and Schedule: starting at $22.00 per hour. Work Schedule: Full-Time, 8-hour days, Monday-Friday
Make a difference with Management & Training Corporation! At the Dempsie Henley State Jail located in Dayton, Texas, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the treatment necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Position Title: Substance Abuse Counselor II LCDC
Benefit package includes:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
- Employee health and wellness programs
Job summary: Directly supervises Substance Abuse Counselor I. Performs highly complex substance abuse counseling work within Substance Abuse Felony Punishment facility (SAFPF)/In-Prison Therapeutic Community (IPTC) programs.
- Assists in planning chemical dependency counseling programs; and coordinates the delivery of counseling services to offenders with histories of chemical use, abuse, or addiction.
- Maintain a Therapeutic Community (TC) within the facility working closely with correctional staff to create a living environment that is peer driven.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender as determined by the comprehensive assessment, review of collateral information, and the Clinical interview.
- Provides counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains offender records and other records regarding services provided to include statistical feedback on evaluations; and compiles data and submits reports and related documentation as appropriate.
- At the conclusion of the program, an Individual Progress Summary will be developed for each offender on caseload to reflect the evaluation results together with comments about the offender's level of participation and quality of completion in SAFPF/IPTC programs.
- Submit a copy of the Individual Progress Summary to the Parole Division to be included in the Parole Case Summary.
- Supervises the work of others; and assists in instructing others in program methods, procedures, and functions.
- Apply gender responsive and trauma informed care and practices while working with female offenders.
- Coordinate or participate in transition meetings.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Two years of full-time, wage-earning experience in substance abuse treatment or substance abuse education.
- Current license as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or current valid certification as a Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Professionals,
- A valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post hire requirements:
- Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
- Must maintain a valid license or certification for continued employment in this position.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabled status, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, or any other category protected by federal law. MTC participates in E-Verify. We strive to provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans, in our job application and hiring process. If you are interested in employment opportunities with Management & Training Corporation and need assistance, please contact our staffing department through [email protected] or 801-693-2888.